Spring 2019 Environmental Conference
The State of Vermont’s Water
June 11, 2019
Vermont Technical College, Judd Hall
Presented by VEC and the Dept of Environmental Conservation.
The conference will include topics like groundwater, waste water, storm water rule updates, site reclassification, watershed protection, planning & permits, and more. 5 CEUs from VT Technical College ($50 Fee associated with obtaining credits). Registration is OPEN for attendees, sponsors and exhibitors!!
8:00-8:30-Registration, Coffee & Exhibitors
o Patricia Moulton, VT Tech, President
o Miles Waite, Vermont Environmental Cons. President & Waite-Heindel Env. Management
o Julie Moore, VT Agency of Natural Resources, Secretary
9:00-10:15 -RULE UPDATES
• Groundwater Protection Rule & Strategy-Scott Stewart, Hydrogeologist, VT DEC
• Wastewater System & Potable Water Supply Rule-Ernie Christianson, Regional Engineer Manager, VT DEC
• Stormwater Permitting Rule-Padraic Monks, VT DEC
10:15-10:35 Break – Networking with Exhibitors
10:35-12:05 -SESSION II – What these changes mean
• Prioritizing Sites for Reclassification-Matt Moran, Environmental Program Manager, VT DEC
• Impact of Revised Rule from Consultant -Gunner McCain, McCain Consulting
• Public/private partnership opportunities for 3-Acre impervious sites-Becky Tharp, Water Quality Program Manager, Watershed Consulting
12:05-1:30- Lunch Break & Networking in VTC Cafeteria
1:35 to 2:15-SESSION III (Watershed Protection)
• Dam removal, flood plan restoration-Roy Schiff, Water Resource Scientist and Engineer, Milone & Macbroom
• The Role of Farm Retirements on Water Quality – Jane Lazorchak, Land Acquisition & Stewardship Coordinator, Vermont F&W
2:15-2:40 Break – Networking with Exhibitors in Judd Hall
2:40-3:30-SESSION IV (Storm water – Special Topics)
• Phosphorous Control Planning – Amy Macrellis, Senior Water Quality Specialist for Stone Environmental
• The DEC Municipal Roads General Permit- a year and a half in. How is it going? -Jim Ryan, Municipal Roads Program Coordinator, Stormwater Program
After closing remarks there will be an optional tour of new Vermont Tech lab.
Check back often for updates on speaker assignments. Speakers subject to change.
Questions regarding events can be sent to email@example.com or call 802-747-7900.
Special thanks to our event Silver sponsors:
Exhibitors to date:
Weston & Sampson | Geotech Environmental Equipment | Endyne, Inc. | Contest Analytical | Vermont Rural Water Association | ATC Group| SGS North America | VT Underground Locators | Eastern Analytical | Hager-Richter Geoscience, Inc. | Triverus LLC | Stone Environmental