VEC’s 2016 Accomplishments
With member support VEC :
- Held VEC Annual Legislative Breakfast in Montpelier in February to help kick off the conversation about green jobs and the environmental business sector during the legislative session.
- Continued to maintain the Vermont Green Careers Website, funded by the State of Vermont Department of Labor (DOL), providing information on starting or finding a career in the environmental business sector in Vermont (www.vermontgreencareers.org).
- Held our first Environmental Career Panel Discussions at UVM in March. The panels are comprised of VEC members with diverse professional backgrounds within Vermont’s environmental sector. The panels provide students with a better understanding of the different opportunities in the environmental field, learn firsthand how the career paths of prominent environmental professionals in Vermont have evolved, and give students advice on how best to market themselves to potential employers.
- Exhibited at the Vermont Rural Water Association’s Annual Conference and Trade Show in May in Fairlee to update attendees on what VEC was currently working on.
- Held the 5th Annual Water Quality Conference where we highlighted the tremendous opportunity for innovation in water quality management by showcasing a wide-range of efforts currently underway in Vermont to protect, restore and enhance clean water.
- Worked with VT Department of Environmental Conservation regarding Urban Soil Management practices in Vermont.
- Sponsored and exhibited at the White + Burke 3rd Annual Vermont Development Conference in November.
- Continued to provide the latest member information through Facebook, our new monthly blog, our member VEC website at www.vectogether.org, e-newsletter, and through LinkedIn.